Tours & Tickets
George's Parliamentary staff are always pleased to arrange for tours of the Houses of Parliament or the Clock Tower with the Central Tours Office for constituents who are visiting London, subject to Parliamentary business (which can sometimes restrict access) on the day. We can also help arrange Gallery tickets for the House of Commons and House of Lords chambers during debates.
A full tour of the Palace of Westminster takes in Sovereign's Entrance, Norman Porch, Royal Gallery, Prince's Chamber, the House of Lords Chamber, Central Lobby, Voting Lobby, Members' Lobby, the House of Commons Chamber, St Stephen's Hall and Westminster Hall.
Central Office Tours can be arranged during the following days:
- Mondays 09.00 to 12 noon Full Tours
- Tuesdays 09.00 to 12 noon Full Tours
- Wednesdays 09.00 to 09.32 Full Tours 9.36 to 12 noon Partial Tours (Lords Only)
- Thursdays No Tours
- Fridays 15.30 to 17.00 Full Tours
Non Sitting Days & Recesses
- Non-sitting Fridays 09.30-17.00
- Christmas / New Year Closed from the rise of both Houses to after the New Year Holiday
- Easter and Spring Weekdays 09.30 - 17.00
- Whitsun Recess Weekdays 09.30 - 17.00
- Prorogation - There will be no tours during this period
- August - Wednesdays 09.30 to 12 noon
- September - Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 09.30 to 12 noon
There are no Members' tours on Saturdays, Sundays, Bank Holidays or on the 3rd October due to the Lord Chancellors Breakfast. Other closures may be announced at short notice due to Parliamentary business.
We can also arrange for groups of up to 16 persons to climb the Clock Tower (Big Ben) and we get allocated a limited number of tickets for constituents to watch debates live in the House of Commons. In addition, it is possible to visit the Parliamentary Archives, by prior arrangement.
Please e-mail the Westminster office, by clicking here, for help planning your visit. To guarantee a date, it is advisable to book well in advance.
The Houses of Parliament Education Unit runs year-round programme of visits and workshops for school groups from KS2 to KS5.
Places until December 2011 are fully booked, but booking for visits January - April 2012 opens from 8.30am on 14 September. To get in touch with the Education Unit, call 020 7219 4496, or click here to visit their website.
If you would like to help with campaigning in your area, then just click here and fill in your details and we'll be in touch soon.